What is American Airlines UMNR Policy?
Airlines always come with different policies so that each person can enjoy their journey. However, many people get confused with the process to travel with unaccompanied children. For this, American airlines set a specific policy, which you have to follow. To know about policy for Unaccompanied or UNMR, you can read further.
Important points of UMNR policy
- If the children want to travel alone, then the age must be from 5 to 14. If the children are not in this range, they are not eligible to get unaccompanied minor service.
- American airlines let the age of 15 to 17 years old be allowed to leverage this too, but there will be some fee that one has to bear.
- To get the accompanied service, you can find that $150 per ticket, and sometimes it depends on the destination too. So you can find some variance in it.
- Children aged between 2 to 14 can access this service, but only when they have some older person with them. The travelling person must be older than 16 years old.
- The reservation process is a bit different, as here you can find that the children bookings are allowed by phone only. Though, if you face any issue, you can connect to the support person.
- You can find some complimentary gifts and kits but only for those accessing the service and must be from 15 to 17.
- You can make the changes in the booking at any time, but during last-minute changes, you can find some cancellation charges. And you can track the status by calling the person or using the American airline's phone application.
- You can use any payment mode to book a ticket for an unaccompanied minor. However, for points you have to use the phone and share the points information with the live person.
It is the UMNR policy of American airlines; however, there are some restrictions that you should know before you make the reservation. It will help you to avoid any unnecessary situation that may come up with hidden charges.
Some major restriction on kid’s traveling
- If the child is the age of 5 to 7, they can access the direct flight only. For break journey, travelling with an elderly person is compulsory.
- Newborns to up to 4 are not allowed to travel alone, and they are not a part of unaccompanied service.
- When the children are above 8, but small than 14 can get into a break journey, but in that case, guardian contact is required. And they are allowed to make a reservation for fixed places only.
- When the children have any medical condition, they are allowed to make the reservation only when their guardian or parents are travelling with them. But, to access the service, one needs to pay the fee that is fixed for every kind of travelling kid.
Now, you can see what American Airlines umnr Policy is and the important points that you should know before making the final decision. You can opt for the support person if you face any kind of issue while running the process.
Related Queries & Important Links
- How do I get a Live Person on the phone at Airlines?
- How do I Speak to Someone at Aegean Airlines?
- What is the cheapest day to fly on Southwest airlines?
- What is the Cheapest day to fly on Frontier Airlines?
- How do I Contact Qatar Airways from Kuwait?
- How do I Contact Eva Air from Philippines?
- How To Contact Lufthansa From Italy?
- How do I call Turkish Airlines from Egypt?
- How do I Speak to Someone at Azul Airlines?
- How do I Speak to Someone at JetsMart?