What to do if you miss your American airline's flight?
American airlines always try to board you on the flight on time, but due to various reasons, you miss your flight. Such as arrived late at the airport due to traffic, getting stuck in the security system, late check-in, etc. If you miss your flight for such reasons, you can reschedule your flight to the next available date and time. You will get the benefit of traveling with American airlines as they help you with your missed flight. But for that, you need to know some key points of missed flight which is mentioned below:
- You are allowed to rebook the same missed flight 15 minutes before or after the flight departure. But if you do the rebooking late, it will be considered the no-show condition.
- American Airlines will give you the same new flight if passengers reach on time at the airport but still miss the flight with no extra charges.
- I missed flight is caused due to cancellation and delay of flight by American airlines, then they will rebook you to the next available flight with no extra charges.
- If you reach late up to 2 hours of the scheduled departure, you will get the new flight without any extra charge by the airlines.
- You are allowed to check in on the flight 45 minutes before the departure, but you reach late or after the departure. In that case, American airlines will book the new flight.
- Your missed flight charge, if any, will depend on the type of ticket and time you apply for the rebooking after the flight departure.
- When you check-in for the new flight, your bags will be rerouted by American airlines automatically.
Procedure to rebook the missed flight:
When you miss the flight, you can rebook the same and get the new flight by doing the below steps:
- You need to open the American airlines' official website on your device.
- Then, you need to log in to your account through manage booking by adding the passenger's last name and booking reference number.
- You need to go to the home screen and review the trip you missed.
- After that, you need to select the new flight by adding the correct details of the destination and number of passengers.
- You will get the list of best available flights, and you need to select the flight.
- Once you select the flight, you need to check-in and get the boarding pass for the journey.
- You can turn on the notifications to get updates of flight status and departure time.
- With this, you will be redirected to the flight payment page, and you need to make the payment, if any.
- Your flight will be rebooked, and you get the confirmation message at your registered email id.
If you cannot book the missed flight yourself, you can contact the customer service team and speak with the representative. They will provide you with the American airline's missed flight policy and give you the best flight for your location. You can get the multiple contact ways on their contact section.
What happens if you miss your flight booked on American Airlines?
There is an unpublished late arrival stand-by policy for American Airlines Missed Flight, according to which, the passengers who come to the airport within 2 hours of the scheduled departure of their flight booking can get a seat on the next flight without paying any additional charges.
If you miss the last flight of the day, there are chances that you get the first flight the next morning. You have to fulfill one of the below-mentioned conditions-
- If you arrive late at the airport for check-in
- Could not present proper travel documents and missed their flight
- Did not receive or apply for ESTA (electronic system for travel authorization)
- Reached the wrong airport to catch their flight
In the case of American Airlines Missed Flight, you can board the next flight depending on the availability of seats if you did not miss the flight intentionally.
Things to remember when you miss a flight on American Airlines
You get an alternative flight if you miss your flight due to any of the reasons stated above. You should remember the following thing in case you miss your flight booked on American Airlines
- Contact the office of Airline office as soon as possible
- Contact your ticket booking agency if you booked the ticket through one
- Complete your missing documents or any other missing requirement (if any) due to which you could not board the last flight
- BE in touch with the airport authorities so that you may get a seat in the next flight
According to the American Airlines missed flight policy, you can board the next flight of American Airlines if seats are available on it, or else you can board the flight next to that one without paying any additional charges.
Related Queries & Important Links
What is the cheapest day to fly on American Airlines?
How do i talk to a live person at American Airlines?
Is a Covid Test Required to fly American Airlines?
How do I Check-In for my American Airlines Flight?
American Airlines Missed Flight Policy
How do I claim miles on American Airlines?
How Do I Book a Multi City Flight on American Airlines?
American Airlines Independence Day Flight Deals
What is the 800 number for American Airlines?
How to Get Cheap American Airlines Flights?
Does American Airlines fly to Miami?
How to Get my Money Back from American Airlines?
What is the best day of the week to book a flight on American Airlines?
How Far in Advance Can I Book a Flight on American Airlines?
How long is the hold time for American Airlines?
How Do I Get a Refund for a Cancelled flight American Airlines?
Can I Rebook my American Airlines Flight?
Can I Reschedule my American Airlines Flight?
How Do I Live Chat with American Airlines?
American Airlines Low Fare Calendar 2022
How much does it cost to change a flight with American Airlines?
American Airlines Name Correction Policy
American Airlines Manage Booking
American Airlines Flight Change and Cancellation Policy
American Airlines Baggage Policy
How to Get Last-Minute Deals on American Airlines Flights
American Airlines Group Travel
How Do I File a Complaint with American Airlines?
How Do I Call American Airlines Customer Service from Chicago
What Information is Needed to Book a Flight on American Airlines?
American Airlines Business Class Upgrade
How Do I Get my American Airlines Ticket Online?
Is American Airlines fully booking flights?
How to Avoid Flight Change and Cancellation Fee American Airlines?
How do I Get a Human at American Airlines?
American Airlines Name Correction Policy
How do I Get my call back from American Airlines?
How Do I Make Reservations on American Airlines?
How Do I Get Through to American Airlines Customer Service?
How to Upgrade a Seat in American Airlines?
How to contact the cargo customer service team on American Airlines?
- How do I Contact All Nippon Airways Customer Service?
- How Do I Get a Refund From Qantas Airways?
- How Do I Get a Refund From Cathay Pacific?
- How Do I Get a Refund From Air Italy?
- When do plane ticket prices go down?
- How do I Redeem my Flight Voucher?
- Egyptair Flight Change Policy
- Saudia Airlines Flight Change Policy
- How do I Get my Refund from Saudia Airlines?
- How do I Get my Refund from EasyJet?