Everything you should know about American Airlines Baggage Policy
In flight booking, many people get confused with the baggage or don’t know about the policies related to the baggage. It may create an issue when you do the check-in process or at the airport. To avoid such a situation, you can learn about the baggage policy that is covered further in this blog.
American airlines baggage policy
Each airline has some policies regarding baggage, and it depends on the various factors which are covered below.
- There are two types of bags; first, one is checked bags, and the second one is carry-on bags.
- You are allowed to take a total of 10 bags if you are covering the region present domestic.
- When you are covering the international destination, then you can carry up to 5 bags.
- If you are traveling with first class, you can carry bags that weight up to 23kg, which should not be more than 62 inches.
- American airlines let you carry the bags complimentary. For the first-class passenger, you can carry additional bags that can weigh up to 32kgs. It is something that other classes may not access.
- It is quite an obvious scenario when a person needs to carry bags. So you can avail of the purchase option, and each bag does not exceed 23kg. However, AAdvantage person does not have to pay any charges.
- For those flying with a business class or economy or basic economy, you can opt for one bag that should not exceed 23kg.
- When you are flying with American Airlines, then you can get the carry-on luggage bags option. Those flying with the basic economy can carry the 1 free carry-on baggage. Here you have to remember that it should not carry restricted items. You can learn about it by going through the website. The size should be 22 inches X 14 inches X 9 Inches.
- In carry-on luggage, your bags should be fit in the sizer. If it is more than its normal size, it will be considered checked bags, not carry-on.
What are the charges of additional bags?
Those who carry the additional bags should know about the fee. You can learn about fees by going through the points shown.
- You have to pay $30 per additional bag when you are covering the domestic region.
- You may have to pay $40 per bag for the second bag, and you can do this even after having 4 bags.
- When you are a member of the American airline's flyer program, then you may have to pay less than the usual rates. It depends on the type of region you cover and what kind of class you have chosen.
- If you add luggage within 24 hours of booking, you may have to pay less than $30 per bag. But, when you opt for the last-minute changes, charges may vary.
It is all about American Airlines Baggage Policy and makes sure you go through each point before making any changes or booking with airlines. It will help you understand how much you can carry and save money on additional charges.
Related Queries & Important Links
- How Do I Get my Call Back from Lufthansa?
- How do I Skip United Airlines Hold Time?
- How do I Skip Qatar Airways Hold Time?
- How do I contact Qatar Airways from India?
- How to Contact Boston Airport Customer Service?
- How to Contact Delta Airlines at New York Airport?
- How to Get Cheap Flights to Boston on LATAM?
- How to Get Cheap Flights to Miami on LATAM Airlines?
- How to Contact Delta Airlines at Philadelphia Airport?
- How to Get Cheap Tickets to Toronto on Air Canada?