A Quick Overview of the Pet Policy to Confirm Reservations with American Airlines
Those who travel frequently can understand how painful it is to leave their furry friend behind at home at someone else care. Luckily, some airlines understand the need of the passengers and offer them a provision to travel with their beloved pets. And for those planning to confirm their reservations with American Airlines, they can check out the guidelines discussed in this article to book pet reservations.
Guidelines to confirm pet reservations with American Airlines
The below-mentioned guidelines have become effective from 15th June 2020 as per which the pets are allowed to travel by American Airlines as cargo to the United States and various international locations with few exceptions.
Further, to help one get a clear idea, here are some of the rules on American Airlines Pet Policy that one needs to abide by to confirm their pet reservations with the airline. If required, one can even reach out to the airline reservation department for help.
1) In-cabin policy for pets
The passengers who are planning to travel with the pets in-cabin needs to abide by the listed American Airlines Pet Policy rules discussed below:
- The airline only permits small cats and dogs in-cabin.
- The pet should be at least eight weeks old or more to travel in-cabin.
- On some travel routes, the pets are not allowed to travel with American Airlines. So, one can check for the same by contacting the airline directly.
- Further, one pet per passenger is allowed as per the airline guidelines.
- Moreover, the measurement for the pet carrier is dependent on the aircraft that one can confirm by contacting the airline directly.
2) Pet traveling as checked-baggage
And for the pets traveling as a checked-baggage, the airline a separate rules in the American Airlines Pet Policy that include the following rules:
- As per the current pandemic conditions, the airline is not offering a checked-baggage facility for pets.
- And as per the guidelines, the flight on which the pet is traveling should be less than 12 hours.
- Two pets per passenger permitted as checked baggage.
- To confirm the pet booking, the passenger needs to submit a certificate by a licensed veterinarian at least 10 days before the departure.
Thus, these are the few guidelines of American Airlines Pet Policy that one needs to abide by before confirming pet reservations. Besides, the passengers who are looking for details regarding the charges and booking process can read the info mentioned in this article.
Charges for confirming pet reservations with American Airlines
To confirm the pet reservations as a carry-on and checked baggage, the passenger needs to pay charges of $125 and $200 accordingly. Besides, for confirming the same, the passenger can feel free to reach out to the customer support of th airline.
How to confirm pet reservations with American Airlines?
Keeping the guidelines of American Airlines Pet Policy, the passenger can confirm their pet reservation by providing the required documents and by contacting the airline customer service.
Thus, next time whenever you wish to plan a trip with your pet, keep the guidelines in mind and plan out a hassle-free journey with American Airlines.
What is the pet fee for American Airlines?
Policies related to pets on American Airlines.
Many passengers travel to their native places or their dream destination with their pets. Passengers who carry their pets with them always doubt whether airlines allow pets on the airline or any policies regarding the pets on American Airlines. American Airlines is a major airline of America with different facilities provided to their passengers and pets. Suppose you take your pets along with you on your journey and want to know the American Airlines Pet Fee. If you want to know the pet fees that are introduced by American Airlines, then follow the steps that are mentioned down:
Pet policies of American Airlines:
If you have a pet and you want to take them along with you on your journey and want to know about the reservation cost of taking to the flight, then you can go through these steps:
- Pet reservation:
Passengers can contact the customer service person of American Airlines if they are planning to take their pets along with them. The airlines can restrict the pets when there is any weather condition, and the temperature should be below 45 degrees Fahrenheit or above 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pets in a cabin:
There are some restrictions for small pets related to the pets. That is, it should not be more than 20lbs. Pets should be completely closed in their carriers, and they should not be set free. The cost of carrying pets with you is around $125 per carrier.
- Pets as baggage:
American Airlines allows pets that are dogs and cats to transport through the cargo services of the airlines. They allow only two pets to transport along with the baggage. The combined weight of baggage and pets should not increase up to 45 kg.
Related Queries & Important Links
- Volaris Airlines Cancellation Policy
- Finnair Flight Cancellation Policy
- British Airways Flight Change Policy
- How much does It Cost to Upgrade to Business Class?
- How to Book Multi City flights on Iberia Airlines?
- How to Get Cheap Domestic Flights in the USA?
- How to Book Multi City Flights on Tap Portugal?
- Aeroflot Flight Change Policy
- Air Canada Missed Flight Policy
- Korean Air Flight Cancellation Policy