Get All Information about Delta Same Day Flight Change & Standby Policy
If you want to make changes on your booked flight on Delta Airlines 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure, you can do that as the airline offers you a same-day flight change option. And before you do so, you should know some important details which are mentioned below.
What Is the Delta Airlines Same Day Flight Change Policy?
When it comes to same day flight change, it means the flight is changed within 24 hours of the original flight ticket departure. And Delta Airlines change flight on the same day is applicable when you travel within the United States, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands. Besides, there are other points that you should know before you change your flight bookings. And to make it easy for you to understand the flight change policy here are some points that you should consider. So, go through them:
- Delta Airlines same-day flight change policy is subject to availability. If there is no other flight option, you can't change your flight booking.
- Basic economy fare and international flight tickets can't be changed under the same-day flight change policy.
- If there is a seat available in the same fare class that you originally booked to travel, you can get a confirmed seat on the new flight by paying a fee of $75 USD as the same-day flight change charges.
- The Delta Airlines change flight option for same-day is complimentary for Diamond, Platinum & Gold Medallion Members however you need to check the terms and conditions before you apply for a change.
- Sometimes, you don't a confirmed flight change on Delta Airlines, in such a case; you get a same-day standby flight. A fee of $75 USD as the same-day flight change charges is required to pay however you will be charged only when you get the confirmed seat on a new flight. The same-day standby is complimentary for Diamond, Platinum & Gold Medallion Members.
Apart from this, if you want to know more about the Delta Airlines same day standby policy, you may check the next segment of this post.
What Is the Delta Airlines Same-Day Standby Policy?
- You can only get Delta Airlines change flight Same-Day Standby when there is no Same-Day confirmed seats on a flight.
- As per the Same-Day flight change policy, when you request for a flight change within 24 hours before the flight departure of the original ticket, you might get an alternative and which is limited to the flight departing on the same day.
- You can fly on a same-day standby for a flight earlier than the originally booked flight if you are a member of Silver Medallion Members, General SkyMiles Members, or you're not a member at all.
- If you are a Diamond, Platinum & Gold Medallion Member, you can get Delta Airlines same-day standby for a flight departing anytime on the same day.
Apart from this, if you want to know more about Delta Airlines change flight policy, you can contact reservations support. The team of experts is there to assist you around the clock on a phone call. So, dial the Delta Airlines phone number anytime from anywhere.
Related Queries & Important Links
- How long can you hold a flight reservation?
- How Much does delta comfort plus cost?
- How do I get a free upgrade to first class on delta?
- What is Delta Airlines Comfort Plus?
- How to Change my Flight with Latam Airlines?
- How much money is refunded on cancellation of flight ticket?
- LATAM Airlines Cancellation Policy
- How do I Contact LATAM Airlines?
- What happens when I cancel a non-refundable flight?
- What happens if my flight is Cancelled by the airline?