What Do you Know About the Pet Policy at Delta Airlines?
We are so connected with our family that we don’t want to leave anyone behind while going on a trip. This is why the passengers want their pets to fly with them. Delta airline understands this, and so they provide a pet policy that you can go through. Let us get a clear picture of the policy. Then, you can make a booking of your pets in Delta.
You can go for Delta Airlines Pet Policy by going through the policy mentioned below. You can seek the help of the customer care executives of Delta Airlines to learn more about the policy. They will explain to you the policy in the best way they can.
The pet policy of Delta Airline:
Number of Pets Permitted Per Cabin:
- The airline takes pets on board on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Two pets are allowed in the first class, 2 in business, and four pets in the cabin per scheduled flight.
Carry on Pets in Cabin:
- The airline allows one kennel per ticketed passenger that should fit the space under the seat. The pet must be able to move around comfortably in the kennel.
- The pet carrier counts in the carry-on baggage, and the passengers will have to pay additional pet fees in the airline.
- You will have to ensure that your pet remains inside the kennel while boarding and deplaning in the aircraft and in the lounge as well.
- Household birds are permitted on domestic US flights, but it excludes US Virgin Island, Hawaii, Rico, Puerto, and Guam.
- The Delta airline does not allow big dogs like pit bull as a pet in the cabin.
- In addition to the kennel, the passengers are permitted to carry one personal item onboard the aircraft.
- One bitch/female cat can travel with her litter if it is a minimum of 10 weeks old to 6 months of age.
- Your pet must be small that you can carry it comfortably in the kennel without touching from the sides of the kennel and with the ability to move around.
- The kennel must fit under the seat in front of the seat.
- The soft or hard kennel should be leak-proof and ventilated on at least two sides.
- The pet should be ten weeks old to travel on domestic flights.
- The pet of the passenger must be 16 weeks and 15 weeks old so that you can travel to the US and European Union.
- The litter can carry as many animals as required; there is no upper limit on the number of animals.
- The maximum carry-on kennel dimensions are determined by the type of aircraft.
- The pet travel on the domestic flight has to reach the cargo station of Delta at least 3 hours.
- The pets on the international flights should reach 5 hours before the departure of the flight.
- The pets traveling domestically cannot have reservations or booking 14 days before the departure of the flight. There is no guarantee that the pets will travel on the same flight as passengers.
We hope that you are clear with the Delta Airlines pet policy. The customer care executives will help you out in this and will provide you with the best results.
Related Queries & Important Links
- How do I get a refund from TAP Air Portugal?
- How Do I Book a Multi City Flight on United Airlines?
- How can I get discounts on flights?
- How do I Reserve a Seat on LOT Polish?
- Can I get compensation for a delayed flight?
- Can I get a refund if my flight time is changed?
- How do I Call Aer Lingus from UK?
- How Do You Book Flights to Multiple Cities?
- How Do I Book a Multi City Flight on Hawaiian Airlines?
- How Do I Book a Multi City Flight on JetBlue?