What Do you Know About the Pet Policy at Delta Airlines?
We are so connected with our family that we don’t want to leave anyone behind while going on a trip. This is why the passengers want their pets to fly with them. Delta airline understands this, and so they provide a pet policy that you can go through. Let us get a clear picture of the policy. Then, you can make a booking of your pets in Delta.
You can go for Delta Airlines Pet Policy by going through the policy mentioned below. You can seek the help of the customer care executives of Delta Airlines to learn more about the policy. They will explain to you the policy in the best way they can.
The pet policy of Delta Airline:
Number of Pets Permitted Per Cabin:
- The airline takes pets on board on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Two pets are allowed in the first class, 2 in business, and four pets in the cabin per scheduled flight.
Carry on Pets in Cabin:
- The airline allows one kennel per ticketed passenger that should fit the space under the seat. The pet must be able to move around comfortably in the kennel.
- The pet carrier counts in the carry-on baggage, and the passengers will have to pay additional pet fees in the airline.
- You will have to ensure that your pet remains inside the kennel while boarding and deplaning in the aircraft and in the lounge as well.
- Household birds are permitted on domestic US flights, but it excludes US Virgin Island, Hawaii, Rico, Puerto, and Guam.
- The Delta airline does not allow big dogs like pit bull as a pet in the cabin.
- In addition to the kennel, the passengers are permitted to carry one personal item onboard the aircraft.
- One bitch/female cat can travel with her litter if it is a minimum of 10 weeks old to 6 months of age.
- Your pet must be small that you can carry it comfortably in the kennel without touching from the sides of the kennel and with the ability to move around.
- The kennel must fit under the seat in front of the seat.
- The soft or hard kennel should be leak-proof and ventilated on at least two sides.
- The pet should be ten weeks old to travel on domestic flights.
- The pet of the passenger must be 16 weeks and 15 weeks old so that you can travel to the US and European Union.
- The litter can carry as many animals as required; there is no upper limit on the number of animals.
- The maximum carry-on kennel dimensions are determined by the type of aircraft.
- The pet travel on the domestic flight has to reach the cargo station of Delta at least 3 hours.
- The pets on the international flights should reach 5 hours before the departure of the flight.
- The pets traveling domestically cannot have reservations or booking 14 days before the departure of the flight. There is no guarantee that the pets will travel on the same flight as passengers.
We hope that you are clear with the Delta Airlines pet policy. The customer care executives will help you out in this and will provide you with the best results.
All you need to know about Delta Airlines Pet Policy
Leaving the pets behind before a trip is always painful. Delta Airlines knows how hard it is for you to go on a vacation without your pet. That's why they allow you to take your pet along with you on the flight.
But you need to know the terms and conditions provided by the airline to take the pet on the flight. Below are some important policies of Delta Airlines regarding pet travel in the flight.
Delta Airlines pet policy
The pet policy of Delta Airlines is given below in detail. Take a good reading, and you will be all set to take your best friend with you.
1. Carry on pets: You can take your dog, cats, household birds, and other pets that are easy to fit under the space between the seats. However, the airline has some guidelines you need to know:
- The pet should be ten weeks old for domestic travel.
- In the case of international travel, your pet should be at least 16 weeks old.
- Only one pet is permitted in one kennel, but if two pets are of the same breed, you can carry two pets in one kennel.
- The pet cabin will be counted as your carry-on luggage.
2. Carry on kennel requirements: the kennel should be appropriate and spacious enough to fit your pet inside. Make sure that the kennel should fit inside the space under your seat, having the dimension of 18 x 11 x 11 inches.
3. Pet fees: The fees of a carry-on pet depends on the weight and size of the pet. You can check the weight at the airport and pay accordingly.
4. Carry on pet exceptions: some destinations do not allow pets to travel in cabins. Such places are Australia, Barbados, Hong Kong, etc. in such cases, you need to book cargo for your pet. Also, if you have a service animal to carry that you can't take in cabins, you can book cargo.
5. Booking the carry-on pet: Delta Airlines accepts pet bookings on a first-come, first-serve basis. So if your pet meets the above requirements and you have a kennel ready, you can contact the airline to confirm the booking.
6. Check-In with your carry on pet:
- Once you get to the airport, you need to go to the Special Service Counter to check in with the pet.
- The representative will check the kennel and pet as per the guidelines.
- You need to pay the fees accordingly and get on board with your pet.
7. Delta Sky Clubs: The policies of Delta Sky Clubs are the same as above, so you need to check the carrier size appropriately.
8. Banned breeds: You can't take pets with snub noses as it is harmful to them to breathe at high altitudes.
So, we hope that you know about Delta Airlines pet policy before taking the pet on a flight. If you want to know more about the pet policy or cargo flights, you can contact the customer support of Delta Airlines. The live person will help you to take your best buddy with you for the journey.
Delta Airlines FAQ
Q. What are the conditions related to Pets traveling on Delta Airlines Flight?
Ans. It is important for the passengers to take the view of “Delta Airlines Pet Policy” for the convenience of the trip. These are general guidelines that need to be checked out properly. Go throughout them:
Your pets should fit-out in the Kennel under the seat which is in front of you.
Pets which are traveling must be at least eight weeks old.
Customers can travel out with their pts only in certain regions like the United States(except Hawaii), Canada, Mexico & others.
One thing which is important to consider is that only domesticated dogs, cats & birds are allowed to travel out with you.
Pets should have all the necessary health documents, which are essential to show up to the airline’s management while the time of boarding the plane.
Passengers are advised to carry out one pet per journey.
Q. What is the number of pets allowed in the Cabin of Delta airlines flights?
Ans. Yes, of course, Delta airlines limits out the number of pets allowed in the Category of the fight. We are considering out through the below-mentioned pointers:
In the First Class, only two pets are allowed.
In the Business Elite, there are also only 2 pets.
If we see the Main Cabin, then there are four pets allowed.
Q. What methods of Transport does Delta Airline provide for Pet Travel?
Ans. Generally, there are three modes through the passengers can easily take out their pet in flight. These modes are subjected to certain conditions which need to be concerned effectively by the passengers.
Passengers can take out their pets in their Cabin, but they should be fitted out in the Kennel.
They can check them as Baggage.
They can also be Shipped as cargo.
Related Queries & Important Links
- How do I get a Live Person on the phone at Airlines?
- How do I Speak to Someone at Aegean Airlines?
- What is the cheapest day to fly on Southwest airlines?
- What is the Cheapest day to fly on Frontier Airlines?
- How do I Contact Qatar Airways from Kuwait?
- How do I Contact Eva Air from Philippines?
- How To Contact Lufthansa From Italy?
- How do I call Turkish Airlines from Egypt?
- How do I Speak to Someone at Azul Airlines?
- How do I Speak to Someone at JetsMart?