Everything About Delta Airlines Flight Cancellations and Delays
One of the most reputed brands in the travel business, Delta Airlines is headquartered in Georgia, United States. It covers almost 319 destinations throughout the globe and reaching out to 54 countries, the airlines covers best class accommodations with brilliant staff. For all of the above reasons, lots of businessmen always prefer Delta Airlines. In case of issues like baggage, ticket booking, boarding pass, food and beverages, return, refund, etc. the passengers are free to access the Customer Service Support via a phone call, a live chat or email. In this article, everything related to flight cancellation and delays has been discussed. Read ahead for detailed information.
To check whether you are eligible to receive a refund or credit against your ticket, you should go through the following points:
- The ticket holder should have got the ticket issued at the official website of Delta Airlines, he or she should cancel the reservations by placing a call to the customer center.
- The ticket should not be containing a saver fare beyond the immediate 24 hours after booking.
- The ticket should not be entitled to be contained to a government fare.
- The ticket should not be more than one year from the date of original purchase of the ticket, or for partially used ticket, not be more than one year from the original outbound travel date.
- The ticket should not be a part of a group booking or even a vacation package booking.
- The ticket should not contain an unaccompanied minor ticket holder booked on a carrier that is other than Delta Airlines.
- The ticket should have been ticketed using the US Dollars as a form of currency for the booking formalities.
Also, the completely unused non refundable reservations that have been canceled within 24 hours of the initial purchase are eligible to be refunded in the original form of payment against the existing ticket, but this is valid as long as the travel commences more than 24 hours after booking. For this, the customer should view the cancellation policy of Delta has been discussed further in this article.
The passenger is always eligible to cancel or change the flight by a small online process, after visiting the page of manage reservation, which is discussed in the below points:
- If a passenger aspires to cancel his or her flights in the first 24 hours following the online ticket purchase, the airlines will always refund him or her the actual cost of unused tickets.
- If a passenger wishes to change his or her flights in the first 24 hours following the online ticket purchase, he or she can do the same without paying any change fee.
In What Cases am I Entitled to Receive the Refund of What I'Ve Paid for my Delta Airlines Flight?
If the flight is delayed for more than 5 hours and the traveler does not wish to travel anymore, he/she can request the full refund of fare. However, this means that you won’t receive compensation as you need to arrive at your final destination to claim. If his flight has been cancelled and a suitable alternative flight has not been offered, then he is also entitled to the refund and, in some cases, compensation. The request for refund can be attached to your claim for compensation if you wish to submit your claim with Flight-Delayed.
Making this policy a cheaper and simpler way to go ahead, Delta Airlines made this process quite worry-free. For further assistance, feel free to contact the Support team at Delta Airlines Customer Service.
Related Queries & Important Links
- United Airlines Independence Day Flight Deals
- American Airlines Independence Day Flight Deals
- Delta Airlines Independence Day Flight Deals
- Delta Airlines Atlanta Airport Phone Number
- How To Book EVA Air Business Class
- How do I File a Complaint with United Airlines?
- How Do I Complain to Delta Airlines?
- How Do I Call Hawaiian Airlines Customer Service from Philippines
- How Do I Call Delta Customer Service from Mexico
- Can I claim compensation if my flight is rescheduled?