A Guide on JetBlue Unaccompanied Minor Policy
JetBlue Unaccompanied Minor is also known by the term UMNR. The JetBlue Unaccompanied Minor Policy offers special services to children between the ages of 5 to 14 years who fly by themselves on a JetBlue flight. If you are booking a JetBlue flight ticket for your children traveling on their own, you’ll find the following article significantly helpful.
How to book a JetBlue flight ticket for an unaccompanied minor?
You can book a UMNR JetBlue flight ticket by considering the points listed below because you cannot make a successful booking if you do not go through the following points;
- The Unaccompanied Minor policy is important for the children of the age group of 5-14 years.
- A child who has crossed 14 years and is traveling alone on a JetBlue flight is no longer considered an unaccompanied minor, and the policy does not apply to them.
- Customers can request additional information from the JetBlue team for their unaccompanied minors.
- For safety concerns, only three unaccompanied minors are allowed on a single JetBlue flight.
- You can only book flight tickets via the original JetBlue platform.
- One can make a JetBlue flight booking or reservation with the help of the official JetBlue website. A service charge of 150 US dollars will be automatically added to your entire amount on a per person, per way basis when paying for the tickets.
Documents required to book an Unaccompanied Minor ticket
You’d need to showcase the following documents if you wish to book a JetBlue flight ticket for your unaccompanied minor;
- Unaccompanied Minor Form- The customers must fill out the unaccompanied minor form and have three copies generated for all three segments. You’ll have to fill this form before the travel and include the official names as per the photo ID card of the persons dropping off and picking up the unaccompanied minors from the airports.
- Drop-off and pick-up requirements- Photo identification is to be done when dropping or picking up UMNRs at the time of the scheduled flight. The minimum age limit for a guardian to drop or pick is 18 years, and they must have a government authorized ID card, and their information should be mentioned in the UMNR form.
On Board and In-Flight Services for Unaccompanied Minors
- Unaccompanied minors will not be given seats with extra space.
- They’ll be provided with a seat at the back of the aircraft so that the in-flight crew can assist them whenever required.
- The Seats ABC of the end row of the aircraft is reserved for unaccompanied minors.
- Unaccompanied minors are always allowed one carry-on baggage.
- The baggage should meet the overhead bin size requirements, and it should be mentioned to the reservations team when booking the JetBlue flight tickets.
Connecting Flights and Other Airlines
- JetBlue only allows unaccompanied minors on non-stop flights.
- JetBlue doesn’t offer unaccompanied minor policies when the flight booking is made for a connecting flight, direct flight, or a flight connecting with another airline.
- JetBlue will provide an escort to the unaccompanied minor if they are booked on a non-stop flight.
Therefore, you can get the perfect idea about the JetBlue Unaccompanied Minor Policy by going through all the above points. If you go through all the steps, you’ll be able to understand all the services JetBlue provides under its unaccompanied minor policy.
Related Queries & Important Links
Cheapest Days to Fly with JetBlue Airlines
How Do I Talk to a Live Person at JetBlue Airways
JetBlue Airlines Manage Booking
Jetblue Airways Change and Cancellation Policy
How do I Live chat with JetBlue Airways?
How Do I Reschedule my Flight on JetBlue?
How do I Get a Refund from JetBlue?
JetBlue Airways Last Minute Flights Deals
How do I Contact JetBlue by Phone?
How to Get A Seat Assignment on JetBlue Airways
JetBlue Airways Flight Booking
- How Do I Get a Refund From Air Astana?
- How Do I Get a Refund From Turkish Airlines?
- Qantas Airways Cancellation Policy
- How do I Contact All Nippon Airways Customer Service?
- How Do I Get a Refund From Qantas Airways?
- How Do I Get a Refund From Cathay Pacific?
- How Do I Get a Refund From Air Italy?
- When do plane ticket prices go down?
- How do I Redeem my Flight Voucher?
- Egyptair Flight Change Policy