All you need are the details of JetBlue baggage policy
If you are planning to travel to your favorite destination, you can carry the luggage as per the JetBlue baggage requirements. JetBlue allows you to bring maximum luggage with you on the flight to avoid your essential bags. You need to check the baggage before the flight departure, which depends on the size, weight, dimension, length, and a class of the bags. To know the baggage allowance offered by JetBlue airlines, you need to read the information below.
Some key points of baggage allowance of JetBlue airlines:
JetBlue offers a unique requirement to carry the luggage that suits their passengers' needs. Therefore, below are some points which you need to follow to avoid any extra baggage and charges:
Carry on baggage:
You can carry anyone personal item with yourself on the plane as a carry on item for free, but the following are some rules which must be fitted with your carry on luggage:
- The carry-on bag can be a purse, day-pack, laptop bag, or approved pet carrier that must fit beneath your seat in front of you.
- The personal item should be 43.2cm in length, 33cm in width, and 20.32 cm in height.
- Apart from that, all the blue, blue plus, blue extra members can board the carry-on luggage that does not exceed 55.88cm in length, 35.56cm in width, and 22.86cm in height.
- JetBlue allows you to add two checked bags for free in your journey, which you need to check before the departure once you arrive at the airport.
- Before you add the bags, the luggage must be of size 157.48 centimeters or 62 inches in overall dimensions (length+ width+ height).
- The maximum weight allowed is 22.68 kg, which will depend on the flight ticket type of class. If you exceed the original requirements, you need to pay the extra charges as per the quantity of luggage.
Overweight or oversized bags:
If your bags exceed the original size and requirements, then they will be considered as oversized or overweight bags, and they will be charged as follows:
- You are required to pay $150 for bags having weight 51LBS (23.13 kg) to 99LBS (44.91 kg).
- If your bags are between 160cm to 203.3 cm, which includes wheels and handles, you need to pay $150.
- To check more than two bags, which comes under the additional cost, you need to add the bags 24 hours before the departure at the airport.
You are also allowed to bring musical instruments, camera equipment, and other unique items on the board. These items will be considered checked baggage, and you need to pay some fees that depend on the type of class and route.
Above are some essential guidelines of baggage allowance which you need to follow. If you want more details of JetBlue airways baggage policy, you can contact their customer service team and find the solution in no time. You can find the different contact ways like call, chat, email or social media in their help section, and they are 24 hours available for help.
How many bags can you carry on JetBlue for free?
Are you worried about the baggage to be carried? Do not worry. Jetblue allows one carry-on bag and one personal item, including a purse, small backpack, briefcase, laptop, etc. You can stowe the carry-on bag and personal items in the overhead bin or underneath the seat in front of you.
However, you can go through the highlights of the Jetblue baggage policy below to discover the detailed information and plan your stuff accordingly.
The baggage policy of jetblue
You can add a bag to your reservation anytime; however, you can enjoy a discount if added in advance. All jetblue fares include the personal items which first under the seat in front of you. Personal time should not exceed 17" L( 43.2 cm) x 13" W (33 cm) x 8" H (20.32).
Checked bags should weigh 50 pounds or less and less than 62 inches ( 157.48 cm) in total, including handles and wheels)
You can check for bags that are over 50 pounds up to around 99 pounds (44.91 kg) and over 62 inches and up to 80 inches (203.3 cm) in total dimension with an additional fee of around $ 150 and $ 150 per bag, respectively.
Carry on bags and personal items allowance is based on per person and does not increase if you buy an extra seat.
Size and weight restrictions
Overhead bins Including wheels and handles, carry-on bags should not be more than 22 inches L ( 55.88 cm) x 14 inches W (35.56 cm) and 9 inches H ( 22.86 cm).
Under the seat Personal items should not be more than 17 inches L (43.2 cm) x 13 Inches W (33 cm) x 8 inches H (20.32 cm). Carry on bags don't have any weight restrictions for now fr domestic and international flights.
Related Queries & Important Links
- Can I select my seat on Air China?
- Asiana Airlines Baggage Policy
- Qatar Airways Manage my Booking
- Asiana Airlines Low Fare Calendar
- How do I Choose my Seat on Japan Airlines?
- How to Book Multi City Flight on Singapore Airlines?
- How to Make a Group Reservation on Qatar Airways?
- Copa Airlines Group Booking
- Singapore Airlines Manage my Booking
- Qatar Airways Low Fare Calendar