United Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy
If your child is traveling alone on United Airlines and you are worried about their journey, then you can be relaxed as the airline provides full assistance to minors. You must be well aware of the United Airlines Unaccompanied Minor Policy to make a request for the same to the airline. In the forthcoming section entire description of the policies and procedures is given, which can be referred to for your use.
What are United policies for minors traveling alone?
The following policies must be taken care of while making a reservation for kids traveling alone on United Airlines:
- The united minor services are available for children under the age of 5-14; you can also book tickets for kids under 18 traveling alone.
- The tickets purchased must be either a nonstop United or United Express flight.
- Any kid who is under the age of 5 years is not allowed to avail of the service; they must travel with an adult.
- Any child who is 15-17 and has already traveled alone and does not want to utilize this service is eligible to do so. But if it is required, then they can ask for help.
How to book a flight for minors traveling alone on United Airlines?
If you wish to know the reservation procedure to book a flight for your child, then you must follow the given steps:
- Visit the official United Airlines website through your browser, or you can use the mobile application from your device.
- Now under the “book a flight” option present on the home page, find your flight by filling in the point of origin and destination and travel date and press “Find flights.”
- From the available flight option, select your preferred flight and proceed to book a ticket by login into your United Airlines account using your credentials.
- Fill in complete traveler details, including your contact information and personal details. Also, mention the contact information of the guardian and the person arriving to receive the passenger.
- Now clarify the age of the traveler and request assistance.
- Finally, end the process by making a payment.
Where does United provide assistance to minors?
United helps the kids visiting any place alone at the following places:
- At the airport: It is wise to reach the airport early to avail this facility. They need to visit the ticket counter at the airport for check-in. The airport staff will verify the correctness of the contact information & handle them with a unique wristband and documents containing envelopes. For domestic travelers, the pass will be given at the gate, while for international passengers, an agent will meet at the ticket counter to help the kids.
- On the plane: Kids will be taken care of throughout the journey. You can reach the flight attendants by calling them in case of any issues.
- Upon Arrival: Once the flight reaches the destination, an agent will come and take them to the person coming to receive them. The guardian needs to provide valid identification to verify the identity. Also, they need to sign the confirmation form before leaving the airport with the kid for safety purposes. The process might require some time, so it is essential to reach the airport early before the expected arrival time.
Related Queries & Important Links
How Do I Talk to a Live Person at United Airlines?
How Do I Redeem Miles on United?
How to Book Extra Seat on United Airlines?
How Do I Book a Multi City Flight on United Airlines?
United Airlines Christmas Day Bookings
How do I File a Complaint with United Airlines?
How Do I Get my Call Back from United Airlines?
United Airlines Last Minute Flight Deals
How do I Skip United Airlines Hold Time?
- How Do I Get a Refund From Air Astana?
- How Do I Get a Refund From Turkish Airlines?
- Qantas Airways Cancellation Policy
- How do I Contact All Nippon Airways Customer Service?
- How Do I Get a Refund From Qantas Airways?
- How Do I Get a Refund From Cathay Pacific?
- How Do I Get a Refund From Air Italy?
- When do plane ticket prices go down?
- How do I Redeem my Flight Voucher?
- Egyptair Flight Change Policy