Southwest Airlines Pet Policy
Airlines are such that they arrange everything possible to make passengers travel a convenient one. They take full care of the passengers’ needs and travel requirements not only in the sky miles above but also at the ground level. One such airline is Southwest Airlines which aims to resolve all the concerns.
And if you are a passenger who is in love with his four-legged cute animal and want it along when you travel then you have chosen the best airlines. This airline is not only friendly for passengers but also welcomes these four-legged adorable creatures. But, if you are booking the seat with this airline then you shall stop. You need to first check the Southwest Airlines pet policy to get you a better idea of how to take them along with you. This pet policy is mentioned further in the article.
Knowing About Southwest Airlines Pet Policy!
Southwest Airlines is such an airline that welcomes pets on a first-come and first-serve basis. And the total number of pets on each aircraft is limited to 6 along with the pet carriers.
Passengers are allowed to take pets like cats, dogs, domestic birds, guinea pigs, etc. Dogs with a wild breed like American bull terrier, Pitbulls, bulldogs, etc are not allowed on the aircraft.
According to Southwest Airlines pet policy, no pets will be allowed in the aircraft without a pet carrier. And for the pets traveling in the cabin, the carrier dimensions should not be exceeding 18.5 x 8.5 x 13.5 inches. They should be such that the pets can easily make movements, breathe, and stand. At the same time, they must be well ventilated, leakproof, and small enough to be able to fit under the seat.
The pet fee by Southwest Airlines is $95 per pet and each passenger is allowed to take only 2 pets along with them.
Also, with Southwest airlines pet policy, the officials will not allow any passenger to bring pets without any medical checkup. And when booking the flight, do check the documents required for them.
The airline allows pet travel and its fares to be refundable such that if your plan is canceled then you can cancel the pet’s ticket as well. Or in case your pet is not in the state of traveling along with you then also you can choose to cancel the reservations.
With the help of the above details on Southwest Airlines pet policy, you get the idea of how to get bookings done for your pet. Those who still need any further help or information are free to contact customer service. To know how to contact them you can refer to the information below.
Seeking Help From Southwest Airlines Customer Service!
The passengers who need any further help or have any concern shall not panic. They are free to contact the customer service from its various platforms like the toll-free helpline number, chat system, or email and social platforms. These platforms are 24/7 active and will be helping you with the issues related to Southwest Airlines pet policy or any other travel-related concerns.
What is the weight limit for pets on Southwest?
What is the maximum weight limit for my pet to travel with Southwest Airlines?
It's hard to leave your pet at home alone when you have a long trip. If you wonder about the weight limit of your pet in Southwest, there are no weight restrictions from the airline. However, you can take only small pets into the cabin and others in the special compartment per the Southwest Airlines pet policy. Some major guidelines for carrying the bet are given below:
- The airline allows six pets per flight, and the pets are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- There is no weight limit for the pets to travel on the airline. However, you need to book cargo flights or special cabins if your pet does not fit into the pet carrier.
- The standard Southwest pet carrier is 17" long x 9.5" high x 10" wide. You can take your carriers with a maximum dimension of 18.5" long x 8.5" high x 13.5" wide.
- You can keep two pets of the same species in a pet carrier, but they should be able to move freely inside throughout the journey.
- Each passenger is allowed only one pet per ticket and cannot travel alone.
These are the major policies of Southwest regarding taking your pet on the flight. To get more information about Southwest Airlines pet policy, you can contact the airline's customer support. The live person can help you provide precise information after knowing the specifications of your pet. Now you don't need to leave your best buddy alone and travel around with them.
- Volaris Airlines Cancellation Policy
- Finnair Flight Cancellation Policy
- British Airways Flight Change Policy
- How much does It Cost to Upgrade to Business Class?
- How to Book Multi City flights on Iberia Airlines?
- How to Get Cheap Domestic Flights in the USA?
- How to Book Multi City Flights on Tap Portugal?
- Aeroflot Flight Change Policy
- Air Canada Missed Flight Policy
- Korean Air Flight Cancellation Policy