A Complete Guide on Japan Airlines Flight Change Policy
If you have booked your flight ticket with Japan Airlines, you don't need to worry if a sudden change comes up. With its flexible change policies, one can modify the booking. Here are some change places of the airline that can help you with the changes.
What are the Japan Airlines flight change policies?
The flight change policy of the airline depends on your fate types, booking mode, destination, flight types, and other important factors. As per the Japan Airlines flight change policy, you need to pay a change fee if changes are made outside the risk-free period. To know more about such policies of the airline, check the highlighted points below.
24 hours flight change policies
- As per the 24-hour risk-free period, the airline provides you free change if made within the first 24 hours of the booking.
- In this duration, you can make the changes in flights, dates, destinations, and seat cabins for free.
Same-day flight change policy
- If you want to change your itinerary on the same day of the scheduled journey, you need to pay the service fees even if you use the online mode.
- The online changes are allowed only on the tickets booked through the official web portal of the airline.
Japan Airlines flight change fees
- The flight change fee ranges from $99-$500 depending on your ticket type and the changes you make.
- If you change your seat or cabins, additional upgrade charges are applied to the tickets, along with the change fees.
Flight change rules due to Covid
- If you have to change the flight due to Covid, no change fees are applied. However, you may need to pay other relevant charges.
- You can change the flight up to 1 day before the scheduled departure for free, but you need to provide proof to make the changes.
Japan Airlines Date change policy
- The flight date change fee is subject to the availability of flights. In case of free changes, the fare difference of the flights is applicable.
- You cannot make any date changes online if you have booked the ticket using a third party.
Japan Airlines flight changes based on the ticket type
Though you know all the airline's policies, there are still some important provisions you should understand baked on your ticket fare.
One way fare
- Same-day change is available, including the fare difference
- Route change is not allowed, and the changes are not accepted once the flight has departed from its source airport.
- Changes in the passengers' information are not allowed
- One needs to submit the changes at least 20 minutes before the departure.
Round trip fare
- Changes in routed and name are not allowed
- The returning trip needs to be upgraded if you upgrade the one-way trip.
These are the important flight change policies of the airline you must be aware of before making the changes. Once you know all the guidelines, you can make the changes per your requirements. The passengers can also contact the airline's customer service to know more about Japan Airlines flight change policy. So, the worrying days are over when you have to waste your time panicking about the changes with Japan Airlines. Follow the instructed guidelines and have a smooth flight with JAL.
- Indigo Group Booking
- What is Delta Airlines Meet And Assist?
- How Do I Call Air Transat From Mexico?
- How many Luggage are Allowed on International Flights?
- Guide to travelling with Infant on Delta Airlines
- Royal Jordanian Group Booking
- Vistara Group Travel Booking
- Iberia Airlines Last Minute Flight Deals
- How do I Add my Lap Child to my Spirit Airlines Flight?
- Kuwait Airways Infant Policy