British Airways Book Extra Seat Policy
Do not want to fly for a boring business meeting alone and want to tag a beloved person along with you? Or traveling in economy class and looking for extra space for safety and comfort with an extra seat. With British Airways, it is no more a problem. Sit back at home, relax, open your laptop or computer and get help with your bookings at your fingertips. Read the given information, which contains all the required information.
Terms and Conditions to book an extra seat
To be able to book an extra seat, you must have to come under the British Airways Book Extra Seat policy, which is as follows:
- You can opt for an extra seat if you do not have a bulkhead or exit row seat.
- You are ineligible to buy an extra seat if your journey includes flights other than British Airways.
- The purchase must be made 7 or more days before the departure date to add an extra seat to your booking. It also depends on the fare rules of the bought ticket.
- You can also book an extra seat if you want to carry your luggage. But the luggage must be of the size allowed into the cabin; otherwise, you will have to check in the same as a cargo add-on luggage.
- You must pay the additional charges applicable for the extra seat you are looking for.
- The charges for an extra seat are comparatively less if you are an Executive Club member of British Airways.
How can I book an extra seat on British Airways?
To book an extra seat on British Airways, there are various methods. To know more, read the below-given information.
Through Official Website
- Get into the official website of British airways. https://www.britishairways.com/travel/home/public/en_in/
- Click on the "Manage" at the top of the homepage.
- Enter the booking reference and last name of the passenger to reach your bookings.
- Select the desired trip you want to make changes to.
- Click on "Add to my bookings."
- Enter passenger details and click on confirm.
- The required amount to be paid will then be flashed on your screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and make the payment.
- The airlines will mail you the newly booked ticket.
- You can also book an extra seat on call. To know the process, go through the details below.
- Browse through the official website of British Airways.
- Scroll down the homepage and click on "Help and Contacts."
- Scroll down again to the "Contact Information" section and click on "All other Enquiries."
- Dial the number 1 (800) 247-9297 ( Toll Free ) or 1 (802) 636-9417 ( OTA ) from 7 am to 1 am EST.
- Follow the IVR instructions and talk to a customer support representative.
- The representative will help you book the extra ticket.
- Make payment and confirm the booked ticket.
Through Online Chat Service
You can also book an extra ticket as per your convenience, if you are eligible to do it, over the chat process also. In the Help and Contact section, reach out to the "Online Chat" option. Follow the auto-generated messages to connect to an agent and ask the designated person to help you further with the procedure. Make the required payment. The airlines will email the newly booked ticket to your registered email address.
Please get in touch with the airline's customer support for further assistance.
- How to Book an Extra Seat on JetBlue?
- How do I Get United Premier Access?
- How to Book an Extra Seat on British Airways?
- How can I Make a Group Booking on Eva Air?
- How do I Book an Extra Seat on American Airlines?
- How Do I Book a Multi City Flights on Qantas Airways?
- How do I Book an Extra Seat on Lufthansa?
- How do I use my miles on Copa Airlines?
- How do I Use Qmiles on Qatar Airways?
- How do I use miles on Turkish airlines?