How to Add TSA Precheck to American Airlines Flight?
TSA Precheck is a process that makes the check-in hassle-free for the passengers. It is a program based on membership that allows the passengers to use expedited screening. Through this process, you can quickly screen in yourself without taking your shoes, belt, gels, or any kind of liquid from your carry-on bag, laptop from your bag, and light outerwear/jacket.
However, there are fee and eligibility criteria that are required to be fulfilled if you want to put yourself into that category. To apply for the precheck program, the passengers must submit their personal information and attend an in-person interview. As mentioned above, an obligatory fee is required to be paid. The passengers must pay the application fee of $85, and they will get a membership good for five years. If you wish to renew your program, it will only cost you $70.
Every airline has its own process of adding TSA precheck in the flight ticket of the passengers as well as in their frequent flyer program. The given article asked about American Airlines Add TSA Precheck, so let's understand the process of adding TSA precheck in American Airlines as well as the eligibility criteria before doing the same.
Eligibility criteria for TSA Precheck
- The passengers are allowed to enroll themself in this program only if they are U.S. citizens.
- Lawful Permanent Residents are also allowed to enroll themselves in the TSA precheck.
- If the passengers are convicted of a certain crime, in that case, they are not allowed to make the TSA Precheck.
- Precheck access is also available to the people enrolled in Customs, and Border Protection (CBP) Trusted Traveler program, including Global Entry, SENTRI, and NEXUS.
The process to add TSA Precheck in American Airlines ticket
The quickest way to add Precheck to a ticket on American Airlines is to add your phone number to your AAdvantage profile. The actions that must be taken are listed below.
- Get onto the airline's official website and log in to your AAdvantage profile with your registered number.
- Choose information and password' and then add your Precheck number in the section named traveler number field in the 'Secure Traveler' section.
- Save all the changes, and you'll be good to go.
At the time of new booking
The passengers traveling with American Airlines are also allowed to add their TSA precheck number when making the reservation with American Airlines.
- Get onto the official website of American Airlines and start the process of reservation online.
- Select your departing and arriving airport, the date and time you want to schedule your departure, the number of passengers, the type, and the class you wish to travel to.
- If you wish to avail yourself of the benefit of TSA Precheck, log in to your AAdvantage account, and then you'll need to enter your Precheck number in the traveler number field manually.
- Once you are done with all the details, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the payment process.
- You'll receive the flight ticket at your registered email, and you can avail the benefit of precheck at the time of flight departure.
Changes in existing reservation
- Jump onto the official website, get onto the 'Manage Trip' option, and enter your PNR number and the last name of the passengers to proceed further.
- Once you get onto the 'add/edit passenger information' option, mention the Precheck number to proceed further.
- Enter the number, follow the on-screen process and make the payment for the changes and make the confirmation.
Read the information above to know how to make the TSA Precheck reservation with American Airlines.
- What is the Cheapest Month to fly on LATAM Airlines?
- How Do I Get my Call Back from Emirates?
- How do I Skip Delta Hold Time?
- Why doesn't Delta Airlines answer the phone?
- How do I Get my Call Back from Alaska Airlines?
- How to Contact Qatar Airways from UK?
- How to Get Cheap Flights to Washington DC on LATAM?
- How to Get Cheap Flights to Seattle on LATAM?
- How to Contact Delta Airlines at Orlando Airport?
- How to Get Cheap Flights to Atlanta on LATAM?