How do I Add my Lap Child to my American Airlines Flight?
Situations arise when a family plans a trip, and you look forward to finding ways to Add Infant on American Airlines so you can purchase a flight ticket, pack bags and fly to the desired destination conveniently. So, draw your attention to the discussion which is done below, and this will assist you in all the possible ways; please consider the following:
Terms and Conditions to add child.
You will find the separate American Airlines Infant Policy to make every passenger with an infant and wonders to travel aware of all the associated terms. So, you are suggested to give a look at the detail;
- Purchasing a seat is unnecessary if your infant is up to two years old. (if you travel within Canada, the US, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands).
- Per passenger or adult is allowed to carry 1 infant on its lap. However, if an adult has 2 infants, an additional ticket must be bought.
- You can also get an additional ticket for your infant either via reaching out to the assistance team through a phone call at 800-433-7300 or at the airport.
- However, the airline will charge 10% of the fare (belongs to adult ticket), including taxes.
- You will not be permitted to choose a seat in the exit rows. As per the policy, the eligibility criteria for getting a seat near the concerned rows is or above 15 years of age.
How to add a child on American Airlines?
The concern is always among travelers who have infants and wish to travel but are unaware of adding a child or infant on American Airlines. So, in the following tabs, you will find the different valuable methods:
Add a child via the official website.
To be aware of the method, you can find information relevant which is provided below:
- Head towards American Airlines’ official website to commence the method.
- Prefer your destination, date, time, and passengers (in which you can add a number of infants or children).
- Choose your preferred flight and a seat.
- Make the payment to confirm your reservation.
Make a phone call and request to add a child.
Once you dial the American Airlines reservation phone number 800-433-7300, where you have to speak about your reservation request and a request to add an infant or a child to your booking, the rest of the form will be completed by the agent assigned over a call.
Get an official at the help desk.
For the addition of a child or an infant, you can request a live person to assist at the support desk of the airport. All you have to do is carry all the valid documents, and the agent will complete the rest of the process.
How Much Does American Airlines Charge to Add Infants?
As far as American Airlines’ infant policy is concerned, you are not required to incur a specific fee to add an infant to your flight ticket, but it is valid only for infants who are 2 years old. However, 10% of the total adult fare will be charged to every infant. And a point to remember is if an adult has 2 infants, a full ticket has to be purchased.
- How Do I Change a Flight with Czech Airlines?
- Spicejet Group Booking
- Aeromexico Group Travel
- Air India Group Booking
- Brussels Airlines Group Booking
- AirAsia Group Booking
- Aegean Airlines Group Booking
- How do I Book Multi City Flights on Air India?
- How do I Add my Lap Child to my Turkish Airlines Flight?
- Iberia Airlines Group Booking