Air India Cancellation Policy.
For being able to cancel a booking with Air India, you must understand the policies first. You can go through the given Air India Cancellation Policy by going through the given guidelines as follows in the given points:
- The flight if is booked at least seven days before the departure date, then you can go through the cancellation within 24 hours of the booking. You can get a complete refund in this case, and every ticket can follow this procedure.
- A business or elite class booking can be canceled at least 3 hours before the departure time without any penalty.
- With an Air India ticket, if the airline cancels the booking, you can get a refund from them, or the airline shall rebook a ticket for you.
- Sometimes, due to various conditions, the flight might get delayed. In this situation, it is the airline that either pays a refund and compensation or books another ticket for you without any extra charges.
- The cancellation of the Air India ticket must be made through the process in which the booking has been made.
- If the airline denies you boarding the flight due to some faults in the documents or if there is any lack of documents, the ticket gets canceled, and no refund or compensation is paid. A penalty is charged from the airline.
- In case of a no-show flight, the ticket gets automatically canceled, which includes a cancellation penalty. No compensation is done from the airline.
How do I cancel my flight and get a refund from Air India?
You can cancel the booking you hold with Air India through the online process and even through the offline method. You can go through the steps and contact to cancel the booking.
To get the ticket canceled through the online process, you can follow the steps that are explained below in the given content that shall help you through the procedure. The steps you need to follow are as follows:
- Skim through the airline's webpage and salvage the booking you hold.
- Then, tap on the reservation you wish to cancel.
- Click on the menu icon list, which will forward you; here, choose the cancel option. Provide a reason for cancellation and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Upon successful cancellation, you shall receive an email for confirmation.
You can also cancel the booking by getting to contact the airline and availing of their help with an Air India executive. With help from the airline to contact them, the steps through which you can find the contact number are as follows:
- Navigate to Air India’s official website.
- Scroll down the page to the Support section.
- Click on the contact option. This will advance you to the contact page.
- Scroll to the contact options and find the contact number: 1 - 888 634 1407.
- Dial and then connect with the airline for the issues you have.
- Ask the representative to contact you for the help you need with the cancellation. The same shall either cancel the booking or guide you through the process.
You can also contact the airline for help with the cancellation process through the live chat. You can get to contact the airline and benefit from the help you are looking for.
- How do I Contact Delta Airlines at Appleton Airport?
- How Do I Contact Delta Airlines at Dayton Airport?
- How do I Contact Delta Airlines at Greensboro Airport (GSO)?
- What is the best way to complain to British Airways?
- Air India Cancellation Policy
- Best Way To Reach Airlines Customer Service Faster
- Contact Indigo Customer Service
- How Do I Change a Flight with Czech Airlines?
- Spicejet Group Booking
- Aeromexico Group Travel