How do I Request Special Assistance at Air India?
Sometimes, passengers need special assistance for their flight journey with Air India for a comfortable flight. Due to mobility or hearing disability, a passenger has not had to suffer during their journey and can enjoy the flight by adding special assistance from themself. Here the information related to special assistance and requesting the same from Air India has been mentioned.
Special Assistance offered by Air India
The special assistance offered by Air India on a flight journey for the convenience of the passengers is as follows:
- Wheelchair Accessibility
- Attendant for visually impaired passengers
- Hearing Impairment assistance
- Service pets
- Stretcher and escort for the same
- Trained assistant for the intellectual or developmental disabled passengers
Ways to request special assistance at Air India
One can add a special assistance request anytime after completing the booking with Air India. The available ways that can be used by you are:
The special assistance request can be shared with the concerned department directly from the Managing Booking tab on the Air India website. You just need to put your requirement details along with the verified documents, and the assistance will be added to your reservation. Here is the procedure to request special assistance online:
- Go to the official site of Air India and click the “Manage Booking” tab,
- There you need to put the Booking Reference Number & Last Name,
- As you tap the Submit button, your booking will load on the new page,
- Now you have to navigate the “Request Special Assistance” option on the page,
- A box will appear where you have to choose the required assistance,
- It will lead you to a form on the website,
- Mention the requirement and attach the concerning flies,
- Put the mandatory details on the page,
- Pay the fee for special assistance,
- The request for assistance on the flight reservation will be shared with Air India.
You may reach out to customer service over the call to request special assistance on a reservation at Air India. Here are the instructions mentioned that you need to follow for assessing the assistance by a phone call:
- Call on the toll-free number of Air India: 1 (888) 634-1407 or +1 (802) 636-9417,
- As a person avails on your call request for the needed special assistance,
- The person will submit your request by taking your reservation information,
- You might need to share the required documents for the same as well,
- Now pay the assistance charges online,
- Air India will add special assistance for your journey on the reservation.
Airport Help Desk
One can also request special assistance at the airport itself before boarding. Make sure to reach at least 4 hours early from departure to request assistance at the help desk. You can speak with an official face-to-face, share your requirement, and provide your reservation info to avail the same for the flight. The payment has to be at the moment in the help desk, and the official will avail the assistance as per your requirement for your journey.
Hence, if you have issues flying on a plane, you do not have to worry as you can send Air India special assistance request a few hours before their flight journey. The officials will avail the required assistance for you and assist you with a comfortable journey.
- How Do I Contact Delta Airlines at Brussels Airport?
- Ryanair Group Travel
- How do I Request Special Assistance at Air India?
- ITA Airways Flight Change Policy
- LATAM Airlines Group Reservations
- How to Make a Group Booking with Gulf Air?
- ITA Airways Cancellation Policy
- Qatar Airways Last Minute Deals
- Avianca Airlines Last Minute Flight Deals
- Oman Air Group Booking