How do I Claim Compensation from British Airways?
If you decide to fly with British Airways, you will have a nice experience. The Airline always tries its best to provide excellent services to its customers, but sometimes, due to some reasons such as technical faults or human error, the flights get canceled or delayed. The Airline deeply regrets the such inconvenience and compensates its affected passengers as repentance. The compensation is done as per the compensation policy of British Airways. Further in the article, you will find the relevant information.
British Airways Compensation Policy
Before you start claiming your compensation, you are advised to get through with the compensation policy of the Airline. Here are the important statutes of the policy given for your reference.
- If your flight is delayed for three or more hours because of the reason the Airline is responsible, then you can claim compensation from British Airways.
- If the Airline informs you about the delay or cancellation of your flight in less than 14 days of its planned departure, then you will be compensated.
- If you are informed about the cancellation seven days prior to the scheduled departure, you may be provided with an alternate flight to fly to the same destination as compensation.
- If you choose to travel to a destination different from your original booking, you can not claim compensation.
- If the reason for flight cancellation or delay is out of the control of the Airline as extreme weather or air traffic, or war, then you will not be eligible for compensation.
- If you are going to claim on behalf of another person, then you need to provide a signed letter of authority from all passengers included in the claim.
- You are required to present your name and contact details, the names of other passengers you're claiming for, their contact details, your booking reference, and the details of the canceled flight.
Ways to claim compensation
British Airways provides different methods for its passengers to demand their compensation. Here are the ways given using which you can demand your compensation.
Via Phone Call: When it comes to claiming your compensation, then it is recommended to all passengers that they should come in direct contact with the customer care team of British Airways. Make a call at 1 (800) 247-9297 or 1 (802) 636-9417 and directly speak to the executive and receive your compensation. You will need to follow the IVR commands as follows to get to speak to the agent:
- Press 1 to make new bookings
- Pres 2 to know your flight status
- Press 3 for flight change
- Press # to talk to the representative
- Connect your call and ask for your compensation.
Via form: You can either opt to fill out the compensation form to claim your compensation. You are required to follow the given steps to avail this option.
- Get on to the official site of British Airways at www.britishairways.com.
- Reach the refund and compensation tab
- Here the form is given
- Fill in all the required details in the form as your first and last name, ticket ID, and others.
- Submit the form.
- And you will get your compensation as soon as possible.
What amount is received as compensation?
Depending upon the distance of your flight and the hours the flight is late, the compensation ranges from US$ 248 to 596.
- How Do I Call Copa Airlines From Mexico?
- How do I Call Delta Airlines from Norway?
- How Do I Call United Airlines From Colombia?
- How Do I Call Swiss Airlines From Switzerland?
- How do I Call Saudi Airlines from Netherlands?
- How do I Call Delta Airlines from Greece?
- How do I Call United Airlines from Spain?
- How do I Call United Airlines from Sweden?
- How do I Call United Airlines from Germany?
- How do I Call Delta Airlines from Aruba?