How can I change my Ethiopian Airlines flight?
Suppose you have a scheduled flight on Ethiopian Airlines, but for an unforeseen incident like a medical emergency, you have to change or reschedule the flight. Ethiopian Airlines has seen this happening often during the covid times when passengers were constrained to cancel or change their flights because of turning covid positive. So Ethiopian Airlines altered the flight change policies and made it explicitly simple and flexible for passengers to change the flight as and when required.
Ethiopian Airline flight change policy:
- Ethiopian Airlines has made many changes in the flight change policy after covid19 to make it convenient for passengers to change their flights.
- A passenger can change the flight on Ethiopian airlines without paying the flight change fee before the scheduled flight's departure.
- The flight must be necessarily changed 24 hours before the scheduled departure.
- If the passenger comes under the ‘no show’ category, the flight cannot be changed or rescheduled.
- If the flight is changed and the fare for the new flight is more, the passenger will have to pay the difference amount while changing the flight.
- If you have bought a flex ticket, the flight can be changed anytime before departure.
Process to change the flight on Ethiopian Airlines:
After you are sure that you cannot board the scheduled Ethiopian flight, there are a couple of ways mentioned in the Ethiopian Airlines Flight Change Policy through which you can reschedule the flight easily.
Online change of flight: The most convenient way to change the flight is by an online process, where you will have to follow the given instructions and instantly change the flight to your preferred date. Carefully read and follow the steps mentioned below for online rescheduling of the flight:
- Go to the official webpage of Ethiopian Airlines or sign in to your account from the phone app with your email id and password.
- Click on the menu tab appearing on the corner of the homepage.
- Click on the ‘manage booking’ option under the “book’ column from the drop-down list.
- Enter your last name and booking reference
- Click on retrieve booking and get the complete details on the screen.
- Select flight change from the options
- Enter your preferred date and time for the new flight
- Pay the fare difference, if any.
- Follow the further instructions to get over with the change of flight.
- Receive confirmation from Ethiopian Airlines on the change of flight in your email.
Call to change the flight: If you have other queries or doubts regarding the flight change, you can call Ethiopian customer service and speak to someone to gather the needed information on available flights on your desired date and time. For assistance from customer service:
- Dial 1 (800) 445-2733 or +1 (802) 636-9417
- Hear the IVR option for speaking to someone at Ethiopian Airlines
- Discuss the issue and receive appropriate assistance to reschedule the flight.
- The customer service person will send you an immediate confirmation on the same.
Change the flight at the airport: Sometimes, in some emergency situations, you cannot board the flight even after arriving. The flight can be changed at the Ethiopian counter with the help of airline staff.
Therefore to learn about the policy and process for rescheduling an Ethiopian flight, please read the above explanation.
- How do I Request Special Assistance on Lufthansa?
- How do I get a refund from LATAM?
- Why doesn't Frontier airlines answer the phone?
- How do I ask Qatar Airways a question?
- Can you Add TSA Precheck at the Airport?
- How do I Speak to Someone at FlyArystan?
- How do I Speak to a Live Person at Uzbekistan Airways?
- How do I Speak to Someone at Air Seychelles?
- How do I Speak to a Live Person at South African Airways?
- How do I Get my Call Back from Frontier Airlines?