How do I Add my Lap Child to my Air Canada Flight?
Traveling with a child on a flight is not always easy as there may be concerns related to the child's safety, and the airlines' policies can also be hectic. But that's not the case with Air Canada; they offer special allocations to make traveling with Infants convenient and less stressful. It includes Special child fares on specific flights, allowance for babies in Lap, priority boarding, the extra carry-on baggage allowance for Infants, and availability of cradles on some routes. You must read the segment below for detailed information if you are traveling with a baby at Air Canada.
What are the Terms and Conditions to add a child to my Air Canada flight?
You must read the Air Canada Infant Policy mentioned below before adding a child to your flight to see the rules of the procedure applicable to your current situation.
- According to the policy, Infants under the age of 7 days are not allowed to travel.
- Infants more than seven days old can travel with an accompanied adult not less than 16 years of age in the same flight and compartment.
- Children under two years ( 24 months ) are not required to have their Seats as they can travel in the Lap of the accompanied Adult. But they need to inform Air Canada about the same before traveling.
- You are allowed to travel with only one Infant if you are traveling in the same Seat occupied by the Infant.
- You must purchase a Seat for the Infant if you are traveling with more than one Infant less than two years of age.
- If you have a child restraint device, you may opt to purchase a Seat for your Infant.
How to add a child to Air Canada?
Passengers can easily add infants on Air Canada flights while booking their flights. However, if you want to add a child to your existing flight, you must call the Air Canada reservations number at 1-888-247-2262 in the manner stated below.
- Dial the given number and pick a language you prefer for communication.
- After selecting the language, you will listen to the IVR commands and follow them carefully to choose the 2nd command for reservations.
- They will forward your call to a dedicated representative and share your booking details, such as booking code, name, email, etc., and the Infant details with the representative.
- Make the required payment through the IVR mode if eligible.
- They will verify the details and add the Infant to your existing booking.
- You will receive confirmation about the same through an endorsement email.
How Much Does Air Canada Charge to Add Infants?
The amount to add an Infant to your Air Canada flight depends solely on the flight route you have booked. However, the approximate charges to pay while adding an Infant is given below.
- No charges are applicable if an infant under two years travels in the Lap of an adult on a flight within Canada.
- If an infant, either under or over the age of 2, is traveling on its Seat, then an adult fare will be applicable on a flight within Canada.
- Only taxes will be applicable if an infant under two years travels in the Lap of an adult on a flight to and from the US.
- In case an infant, either under or over the age of 2, is traveling on its Seat, then an adult fare will be applicable on a flight to and from the US.
- 10% of the Adult's fare must be paid if an infant under two years is traveling in the Lap of an adult on an International flight.
- A Child's fare will be applicable If an infant, either under or over the age of 2, is traveling on its Seat and then on an International flight.
- Where can I book last minute Delta Airlines flights?
- Does Delta allow Rescheduling?
- Can you Book Delta over the Phone?
- How do I Call Delta to Change my Flight?
- How do I Contact Delta Airlines from Canada?
- How Much is Delta Pet fee?
- Pegasus Airlines Manage my Booking | Reservations
- Can I Get American Airlines Customer Service at the Airport?
- How do I Contact Korean Air from the US?
- How Do I Contact Delta Airlines at Milwaukee Airport?